On 11/15/06, Gerrit Renker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Arnaldo
|  Well, I'd rather prefer a WARN_ON type, probably rate limiting the
|  printks, so that we can receive reports that something is fishy but
|  don't panic the machine.

I have implemented such a macro and have changed the patch to use it.
If it is acceptable, I would like to propose it for general use.

Just as I was checking the patch again, Ian's answer arrived -- now I
understand why dump_stack() is used and WARN_ON preferred; the macros
support this use.

I think something like WARN(), counterpart to BUG() is very much in demand :)

Also implemented the enum bit fields suggestion by Eddie. It compiles
fine on gcc 4.0.4; however, I am not sure about portability.
And I don't have your tool either :-(

My DWARF tools have been always available at:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/acme/pahole.git;a=summary

The following is the revised patch with three macros added, I liked the
DCCP_BUG_ON():

will look into that barring social life that is taking me so much time
that I should be working on DCCP :-P :-) Well, at least its not "Real
Work (tm)" :-)

- Arnaldo
-