Hi Arnaldo,

|  Thanks, applied.
many thanks for applying this; it was sooner as expected and I think it would
be good to tidy this up and make it consistent throughout the code. Since I
initiated this,
I feel a bit obliged to improve this.

In particular, I have thought about the following scheme which divides warning
messages into
two (plus debug) categories

a) GRADE 1: Severe Protocol/Internal Faults
            This includes
                * violated pre- / postconditions,
                * illegal states
                * malfunctioning (something is NULL)
   I think these messages should not be rate-limited and, catching up on the
discussion,
   should dump the stack after the warning message.

b) GRADE 2: Plain Misbehaviour
                * out-of-memory messages
                * Request floods
                * protocol violations (wrong message/option format)

To make this consistent, I would like input whether the following is ok with
you:

        1) use DCCP_BUG for all Grade 1 type of messages, i.e. it would replace
                * BUG()
                * WARN_ON() (of course with the appropriate message)
                * all sections using 'printk(KERN_CRIT ... ); dump_stack()'

        2) either keep the LIMIT_NETDEBUG(KERN_WARNING ... ) for Grade 2 or
           put it into a macro which would add the __FUNCTION__ thing to it

The point is that, if it is done consistently, (1) can later be replaced with
the more
conventional BUG() or WARN_ON() once everyone is sure that the code behaves
exactly as it shoulds.
For the moment, as Ian has pointed out, bringing the machine to a grinding halt
for every little
problem is probably too much of a nuisance (in the same vein, I would really
like to suggest the
return of Unload Hack :0).

If you are ok with this basic scheme, I shall set about and tidy things up,
otherwise please let
me know what the constraints should be with regard to warning/bug messages.

Best,
Gerrit
-