Dear all

I am trying to compose two manifolds. I want to apply a 90 deg rotation about
x-axis to PolarManifold to obtain description of surface of sphere and thereby
avoid the poles.

So I try something like this

      static PolarManifold<2,3> sphere;
      static FunctionManifold<3,3,3> rotate("x,-z,y","x,z,-y”);

Now I am confused on how to compose these two. What I need is

sphere * rotate

In the documentation

https://www.dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/classCompositionManifold.html

is the result F*G or G*F ?

In the template parameters, could you explain the “first” and “second”. If you
specify “F” or “G” instead of “first” and “second", it will be more clear I
think.

Thanks
praveen