> So UMFPACK is not installed, right? But what to do next?  How can I know
> whether my Ubuntu OS already installed the lapack and blas package?
No UMFPACK has not been installed and lapack has not been found. You
need to install the dev version of lapack otherwise the headers are
not installed. Without the headers, lapack cannot be used by deal. So
make sure you get ( DEAL_II_WITH_LAPACK = ON ) You can also add
-DDEAL_II_WITH_LAPACK=ON when configuring deal.II and cmake will let
you know if there is a problem.

> I can intall lapack and blas myself, but I don't know how to compile and
> install UMFPACK.
You don't need to install UMFPACK yourself. It will be installed by deal.II.

Best,

Bruno