" It always depends on what you want to do with it. If your goal is to show
that
the problem has a few large and a few small singular vectors, you don't
need
to know them accurately. If you want to multiply with the matrix, the
ill-conditioning is likely also not going to hurt very much. If you want to
solve a linear system with it, that might be a different story. "

I do not plan to do anything else than computing (J^t J)^-1
and some matrix multiplications with it.
Based on what you said, this should not cause any undue problems, right?

Best
Simon