On 2020-05-21 Daniel Lange <dla...@debian.org> wrote: > We are happy to announce that DebConf20 registration is now open!
> With the Covid-19 situation still rather fluid, we understand that > everyone's plans for 2020 are not what you thought they were going > to be when the year started. Sadly, DebConf20 is no exception. > As of now (May 21st), Israel seems to be on top of the situation. > Days with less than 10 new diagnosed infections are becoming common. > Businesses and schools are slowly reopening. As such, we are hoping > that, at least as far as regulations go, we will be able to hold an > in-person conference. There is more (and up to date) information at the > conference's FAQ . > : https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/20/Faq > Which means, barring a second wave, that there is reason to hope that > the conference can go forward. Which is not the same as saying it > _should_ move forward. For that we need your help. [...] Hello, I am lacking a broad view but I think for pretty much all of western/central Europa attendance is not going to be an option. Borders are still closed and it is going to take another three weeks to just open *some* _inner_ European borders (like between Germany and Austria, where there has not been a good reason to keep them closed for at least two weeks.) As I said I am lacking a broad worldwide view. But if you asked me whether there was any chance of having something like Debconf in Austria/Germany/Switzerland sometime in July or August, I would answer "No" with 99.9% confidence. cu Andreas -- `What a good friend you are to him, Dr. Maturin. His other friends are so grateful to you.' `I sew his ears on from time to time, sure'