On 5/22/20 10:57 PM, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> We might however as well be just at the start of the
> second wave and in full lock-down again.

I don't feel like doing Debconf this year is reasonable, but not for the
reason you're mentioning.

If there's any 2nd wave coming, it may be next year or something, but
not right after we're going out of lock-down. There hasn't been any sign
of a second wave anywhere in the world at this time. Everywhere, the
charts of infected population has a bell curve (or gausse curve).

A 2nd wave isn't what happens with any epidemics, and there's absolutely
no sign that the covid19 is any different. The 2nd wave thing is just
words from governments trying to scare the population so that everyone
keeps having a responsible attitude.

Though, even knowing that, we still need only a single person to get
everyone sick in a conference. And that person doesn't need to be one
attendee directly, it can be just one traveling in the same plane of
that attendee.

Multiply the number of attendee by the number of people in each plane,
and rapidly, the figures are going by the thousands of people which
needs to be virus-free so that the conference is safe to attend.

Even if that's at the end of the epidemic event, that's still IMO high
risk, knowing that we're all from a very different place in the world.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)