Cyril Brulebois dixit:

>https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2023/20230516.en.html
>documents a fix for #913431, which is a duplicate of this bug report.

Huh.

>> In bookworm d-i, entering 512 MiB seems to be using something
>> entirely different
>
>“Something entirely different” compared to what?

I was a few metres across the room, but I heard something around
twohundred-something, which was definitely no power of two either.

>The second syntax is indeed invalid.

OK, it was only tried as last resort anyway.

>> This still makes d-i unsuitable for most partitioning.
>
>Feel free to use a different tool.

Oh, I personally do, but not everyone is I.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
22:20⎜<asarch> The crazy that persists in his craziness becomes a master
22:21⎜<asarch> And the distance between the craziness and geniality is