Hi,

Jonathan Kamens <j...@kamens.us> (2023-09-02):
> The Debian installer, however, *erases the contents of the first
> passphrase field* when the YubiKey sends the Enter.

I'm assuming the main problem is that Enter moves to the next screen,
you would have to send passphrase + <tab> instead of passphrase +
<enter> to have a desired effect in the graphical installer.

Try the text-based installer instead, password and passphrase
confirmations happen on two separate screens?

> TLDR The Enter key should not clear the passphrase field that has
> already been entered.

I realize this makes your life harder, but I don't think it would be
reasonable to change what Enter does at this point.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>