On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> > Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at it. It still doesn't change the
> > fact that rsync is the well-known tool by mirror admins though.
> The only problem is that cvsup is written in Modula-3, so it's not quite
> in perl or C :)
>
> http://www.cvsup.org/

Ah, seems like quite an unfriendly language from a sysadmins PoV with a
very limited set of ports from what I could find.

Oh, well. There exists a debian package. So for some of our mirrors it
shouldn't be much of a problem. But I guess that rsync will be the
standard way for some more years.

/Mattias Wadenstein