On 20 May 2022 15:11:09 BST, Zhang Boyang <zhangboyang...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Package: debian-cd
>
>Hello,
>
>I suggest debian release a new variant of ISO images, the all-in-one images.
>These all-in-one image contains ALL debian packages in a single ISO image
>(possibly all source packages in another all-in-one ISO image). Of course
>there is no such optical media can hold such a big image, but it is useful for
>virtual-machines, remotely managed servers, and archival purposes. The
>theoretical size limit of an ISO9660 filesystem is about 8TB, which is
>sufficient for including all debian packages.
>
>For the name of this variant, I suggest 'everything', 'allinone', 'world',
>'virt'.
>
>p.s. This is my personal interest, and I would appreciate if you can kindly
>consider my suggestion.
>

>Best Regards,
>Zhang Boyang

Sorry to put a dampener on your suggestion but why would you need that?

Why not just mirror the archive to a local disk instead?

Then you have your copy of everything and can just point a netinst at your
local mirror so you can install from there.

I think that would deliver on every use case that you would be able to use your
big ISO image and more....