On 2022/5/21 22:59, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

Is there documentation from which i could learn how the stuff in (i guess)
/dists of DLBD-1 and DLBD-2 could be merged so that it properly describes
a merged pool tree ?

My rough idea would be:
- mount both ISOs
- derive merged /dists files
- run xorriso to let it
   - load DLBD-1 with its boot equipment
   - merge-in the pool tree of mounted DLBD-2
   - overwrite the old /dists files by the newly derived ones
   - automatically replay the commands for the loaded boot equipment
   - store the result as new .iso file

The second step is where i would need info or advise.

Hi,

Sorry but I'm not familiar with internal details of ISOs, and I guess there is no ready tool can merge two ISOs together. After a quick look on dists/, I think these files are in same format with theses on online mirrors, so referring apt's documentation might be useful. Also I found these files are just plain texts (or gzipped plain texts), the format might be very simple, I think.

Best Regards,
Zhang Boyang