Hi

On 2022/6/21 04:17, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I think we can ignore minor differences, since creating a bit-for-bit reproducible image seems too hard for us.

md5sum.txt

Ouch. My script sorts the merged lines by the MD5 fields rather than by
the file paths.
Further this sorting is subject to locale settings, which is hardly
desirable, if the sequence of lines has a meaning at all.

I think maybe we should just create the md5sum from scratch? (or we can just reuse those md5sum of .deb only) Because some file definitely changed (like READMEs or files under /dists/...). A bad md5sum.txt will cause cdrom-checker in d-i to fail. (Fortunately it's not a standard step, but user can invoke it under `Advance options - Expert install')

Link: https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/cdrom-checker/-/blob/master/main.c

Thank you again :)

Best Regards,
Zhang Boyang