Hi,

Zhang Boyang wrote:
> I will definitely try it

Meanwhile i got some insight into the riddle about diffs between merged.iso
and CUSTOM-1.iso like

  Only in /groundtruth/firmware: arm-trusted-firmware-tools_2.4+dfsg-2_amd64.deb
  Only in /groundtruth/firmware: gnome-firmware_3.36.0-1_amd64.deb

Indeed arm-trusted-firmware-tools_2.4+dfsg-2_amd64.deb does not exist in
the /firmware directory of DLBD-1 and thus did not get into merged.iso.

But /firmware/gnome-firmware_3.36.0-1_amd64.deb is in DLBD-1 as symbolic
link and its target is in DLBD-1, too.

Please verify that it is really not in merged.iso.
If so, then please record the messages of the next experiment with the
merge script and send them to me in private.

I now uploaded a new version of the script which merges the /firmware
directories. Just a guess, until i know what's up with /firmware.

To those who are familiar with debian-cd, especially Steve McIntyre:

/firmware is not mentioned in
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Format
So i guess that it is specific to debian-cd or the installer along
  https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware#Firmware_during_the_installation
and that i should merge the /firmware directories.
Correct ?

I am a bit confused by the fact that debian-11.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso has
no firmware directory at all. How come ?
Can this happen to a first ISO, too ?
(DVD-1 has a /firmware tree with only inhabitant dep11/README.txt.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas