Charles Plessy <ple...@debian.org> writes:

> I am asking for your arbitration on an unresolvable conflict on the
> subject of Desktop menu systems, between a broad number of developers
> including on one hand maintainers of the Debian packages for the GNOME
> and KDE desktop systems and the mime-support package (myself), and on
> the other hand Bill Alombert on his quality of Policy Editor (DPL
> delegate).

For the information of the other Technical Committee members and other
interested folks, I want to give advance notice that, as a party in this
dispute, I will be recusing myself from voting on the topic.

To the extent that I have time to contribute to the discussion, please
read those contributions as coming from one of the interested parties
and one of the Policy editors rather than as a Technical Committee member.

I realize that we previously discussed escalated issues from Policy and
decided that those of us (both Manoj and I at the time) who were both
Policy Editors and Technical Committee members should not recuse
themselves, but I think I have a more significant conflict here than with
a typical escalated Policy issue.  This issue is, in part, an internal
team conflict between Bill and myself, so I don't think it's appropriate
for me to vote.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>