+++ Matthias Klose [2014-10-26 15:15 +0100]:
> Control: severity -1 wishlist
>
> Am 26.10.2014 um 14:15 schrieb Helmut Grohne:
> > Control: severity -1 serious
> >
> > It breaks working functionality without any benefit.
>
> having to maintain two ways to build a cross compiler costs a lot of my time,
> so
> yes, removing the need to support two configurations, one of them not even
> supporting multilibs has a big benefit for me.

Unfortunately you have removed the one most people in Debian are using.

Yes, there is additional complexity in having two build options, but
most of that was in getting it working in the first place. It is
currently working well, has been for a year or so, and is tested and
maintained. Keeping it in this state is not a large overhead, and is
used by other teams.

If you must drop one of the build methods, there would be a lot less
resistance to dropping the other one, although I don't actually think
that's a good idea either.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/