On 2016-10-25 07:29 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Wei Liu
>
> > Gtags in Debian doesn't work with modern code base. Last time I tried
> > (several
> > years ago), it segfault'ed while trying to index Linux kernel.
>
> FWIW, it worked fine in a test run I just did (on linux-4.9 rc 1), and
> last time I used it, it also worked fine with the emacs integration, so
> I don't recognise the crying from the rooftops about it being broken in
> Debian.

It seems that it depends on the kernel source tree in use.
I just tried on a couple and found these reuslts:
~/debian/linux-4.0$ gtags
~/debian/linux-4.0$ global -s enable_dbg
arch/arm64/include/asm/assembler.h

4 files generated:
GPATH
GTAGS
GSYMS
GTAGS

~/debian/linux-3.16.7-ckt9$ gtags
gtags: directory stack over flow.
~/debian/linux-3.16.7-ckt9$ global -s enable_dbg
global: GSYMS not found.

only 2 files generated:
GPATH
GTAGS

global 6.5.4 (upstream release) works on both.

( I also found 844330 in the process, which is just a packaging update issue )

Wookey
http://wookware.org/