On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 06:45:35PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
>   * This is a body composed of members that come and go, these might have
>     wide experience in Debian in general (although not necessarily) or
>     might had expertise in specific fields. The problem is that this body
>     gets unbounded topic issues about anything. You cannot expect anyone
>     w/ no prior experience to have "taste" or "intuition" about things
>     they have not experienced/practiced for a long time. This is not,
>     say, a java-ctte composed of Java experts.

To be fair, this used to not be the case, but then GR 2014-004 changed that.

Although I voted in favour of doing that, in hindsight I'm not sure it
was the right decision.

[...]
>   * Most decisions are not just technical decisions, in many/most cases
>     the decisions have answers that are all correct, but it just depends
>     on the weight of specific trade-offs. How those are weighted depends
>     heavily on each individual. This also seems rather unfair, as it's
>     taking the natural and expected biases of a small set of people in
>     the project and forcing them into the entire project.

Honestly, if the answers are all correct and we've been going around in
circles since like forever, then having a small team decide that one of
these correct answers is now the preferred one and we're going with it
(after listening to all the arguments) hardly seems unfair to me.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard