On Tue, 28 Jan 2020, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> This is exactly what should be avoided. It's perfectly fine to try to
> use opensysusers with systemd if one wants. In fact, that's exactly the
> best way we could do to be able to test it. Also, dpkg-divert is really
> ugly, and something you use as the last resort, when all other options
> have been exhausted.

It's not that ugly if you consider that you are in an experimental phase
where you want to test opensysusers.

Also you seem to imply that the common interface is the systemd-sysusers
binary. I don't think that this is necessarily the case. The common
interface is the file format. The name of the program creating the users
is not important as long as it's properly hooked in the packaging system
and boot sequence.

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hert...@debian.org>