> > > Once the buildds have the debootstrap changes deployed, then we will
> > > upload init-system-helpers with the usrmerge | usr-is-merged
> > > dependency.  A notification about the transition will be sent to the
> > > debian-devel mailing list when that upload happens.
>
> > Small update:
> >
> > The debootstrap changes are all uploaded to stable-p-u and oldstable-
> > p-u and accepted for the next point releases. The point releases have
> > also been scheduled for September the 10th.
>
> > So as soon the buildds have been updated to those point releases after
> > the 10th, I will proceed with uploading init-system-helpers with the new
> > dependency.
>
> Big update: with the new point releases done, it's a matter of hours/days
> until the buildds get the new debootstrap, so we are almost ready.

# debootstrap --variant=buildd unstable foo ...
# chroot foo dpkg -l usr-is-merged|grep ^ii
ii  usr-is-merged  30           all          Transitional package to assert a
merged-/usr system

# debootstrap --no-merged-usr unstable foo ...
# chroot foo dpkg -l usr-is-merged|grep ^ii
ii  usr-is-merged  30           all          Transitional package to assert a
merged-/usr system

... so your broken dependency won't cause breakage yet  :þ

On the other hand: WTH?

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀