Scripsit John Hasler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Bringing the machine up without networking can be useful for problem
> solving.  I prefer to use multiple consoles when doing so.  This requires
> multiuser.

Perhaps I'm just missing some specific technical definition of
"multiuser", but what you describe sounds like "single user,
multitasking".

--
Henning Makholm               "... not one has been remembered from the time
                         when the author studied freshman physics. Quite the