On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 03:55:56PM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit "Roberto C. Sanchez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 12:25:07AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >>    mindterm (#323802), orphaned today
>
> > Can we just have this removed?  It is ancient (the new versions are
> > non-free) and only implements SSH1, which is probably not a good thing
> > to use anyways.
>
> Do we have other ways to provide its functionality? I sometimes need
> to log into my machine from net cafes, and even SSH1 is preferable to
> telnet. :-/

Anyterm will be packaged any time now(tm).  That is, IMHO, a superior
solution.  In the meantime, I have already packaged ROTE (the library
needed for anyterm) and it is in etch/sid.  Either I or Faidon Liambotis
will have it packaged soon.  We have both expressed an interest (see bug
#311597) and it will be in as soon as he or I get around to it.  In my
case, I will finish classes in about 3 weeks.  If Faidon has not
packaged it by then, I will do it (I still need to transition my server
to Apache2, which is required for anyterm to work).

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto