Scripsit "Joe Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> From: "Henning Makholm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>What I don't understand is that the maintainer script blithely went on
>>doing its thing after addgroup failed the first time. The postinst
>>does have an -e flag -- what is happening here?

> Umm... does addgroup and/or adduser fail to exit nonzero on these
> errors?

Not on my box:

# addgroup --system _blah
addgroup: Please enter a username matching the regular expression configured
via the name_regex configuration variable.  Use the `--force-badname'
option to relax this check or reconfigure name_regex.
# echo $?
1
# adduser --system _blah
adduser: Please enter a username matching the regular expression configured
#

--
Henning Makholm      "Jeg kunne ikke undgå at bemærke at han gik på hænder."