Erast Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Please stop mentioning the FreeBSD port as an example of your licensing
>> problems. There is no license problem with the BSD kernel, and
>> GNU/kFreeBSD uses dpkg for a long time now.
>
> ok. lets assume Debian and Nexenta communities needs to sort out
> GNU/Solaris's non-glic port issue. It is still serious one. Please help
> to resolve it.

If the authors of the GPLd software in question are going to insist on
the GPL, which I think they are: consider, gcc, dpkg, and so forth,
which are GPLd and whose authors are not going to bend; and if Sun is
going to insist on the CDDL, then there may be no resolution.

The licenses are incompatible.  Unless one or both changes, there may
not be a solution.

It is Sun's desire to impose these restrictions on the copying of its
software.  It is the GPL's desire not to allow its binaries to be
distributed unless restrictions like Sun's are absent.