Hi,

>         A new version of kernel-package is imminent, it is undergoing
>  boot camp out in experimental.

Congratulations; nice to see some hot action :)

I've been pondering on using kernel-package to generate
debug 'vmlinux' images which are used in tools like
kernel crash dump analysis tools and oprofile[1].

Currently I'm running 'make vmlinux' after
generating a package, but it would be
convenient if 'vmlinux' is included
somewhere like /usr/lib/debug/lib/modules/`uname -r`/vmlinux
(which seems to be the case with RedHat[2]).

[1] http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/diary/200511.html.en#2005-Nov-9-18:50:58
        oprofiling debuild
[2] http://www.redhat.com/magazine/012oct05/features/oprofile/
        Using OProfile to analyze an RPM package build

regards,
        junichi
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED],netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project