Steve Langasek writes ("Re: master's mail backlog and upgrade time"):
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 12:18:45PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >  * It is unfortunate that (a) master has such a lax spam policy and
> >    that (b) Debian developers cannot choose to make their @debian.org
> >    address unuseable other than by the Debian system administrators.
>
> ... procmail?

How would that help ?  I could arrange for procmail to try to detect
whether (eg) the mail had ever been through any non-debian.org host
and if so construct a bounce.  But this is no better and no worse than
me having chiark rejecting the mails at SMTP time.  It would still
lead to master having to deal with lots of undeliverable bounces.

What I really want is for master (et al) to say 550 at SMTP time to
any incoming mail for my debian.org address, unless the source is
another Debian host (as determined by IP address, not just HELO).  I
don't believe that there is a mechanism available for me to do that.

Ian.

(Sorry, I forgot to reply to this in my last mail.)