This one time, at band camp, Florian Weimer said:
> * Stephen Gran:
>
> > Once you know the retry rules, try
> > /usr/sbin/exinext [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > That will tell you what's recorded in the retry database currently.
>
> exinext ist not SUID, and I haven't got sufficient permission on
> master to access the retry database:
>
> [pid 29063] open("/var/spool/exim4/db/retry.lockfile", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE)
> = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
>
> It would be interesting to see if the output contains an AAAA record,
> though.  The information for the A record should have been cleared
> because I've successfully received mail since the last bounce.

Sorry, I thought that you had access enough to check those things.  Then
you are just going to have to contact a postmaster and ask them to run
it for you and see what's going on.

If you are in group adm, you can use exigrep to find out status of
messages (it produces quite a bit of output, though)

/usr/sbin/exigrep [EMAIL PROTECTED] /var/log/exim4/mainlog*

Will tell you about _all_ the logged tries for all messages to you -
that might be an unacceptable load and an unaceptable amount to wade
through, however.  It does at least sort output by message, and makes it
easier it easier to visualize than a plain grep.

Good luck,
|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |