Eduardo Silva wrote:

As a lurker to debian-devel, I would like to point to
all a deficiency in the current KDE way of naming
menus, and hope that if Debian menu goes this way, it
should improve on it.

There is currently a discussion about improving Debian Menu at debian-policy mailing list, but it does not go that far.

Debian menu already handles package descriptions. What is does not do is internationalization. Support for internationalized entries would allow KDE and GNOME to drop separate menus and incorporate Debian Menu directly (what I consider the right thing to do). Of course all of this requires a lot of work from Debian Devs, so this is only theory so far.