On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 02:37:59PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 10:58:02PM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> > > TBH, I think these are showstoppers. Otherwise, as long as the space issue
> > > is fixed as you say it is, sounds fine.
> > I'm confused.  A simple configuration change is a showstopper?
>
> Yeah; vi not behaving like vi by default seems like a showstopper.

"Can't make vim act like vi" might be a showstopper.  "The default
configuration makes vim not act like vi" isn't a showstopper--it's
trivial to change.

I guess there are two competing goals here: acting like vi by default,
for the people in a time capsule, and acting like vim by default, to
show off vim's cool features.  I wonder if there's a sensible way to
do both, eg. argv[0] for "vi" and "vim".

--
Glenn Maynard