Lars Wirzenius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     * Less strong ownership of packages.

(snip)

>       This idea hasn't been tested. It could be tested if
>       some group of maintainers declared that some or all
>       of their packages were part of the experiment, that
>       anyone could NMU them for any reason whatsoever, as
>       long as they take proper care not to mess the package
>       up.

It's not something that's been tested in Debian, but it's the standard
way of getting things done in Ubuntu. So far, it seems to have worked
fairly well. The two situations aren't directly analagous since Ubuntu
has a smaller and more cohesive group of people involved, but I think
it's possibly indicative that this proposal would work.

I think I've said this before, but I have no objections to anyone
uploading any of my packages. I'd be even happier if anyone who did so
was willing to enter into some sort of reciprocal agreement.
--
Matthew Garrett | [EMAIL PROTECTED]