Glenn Maynard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 10:11:14PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > - vim-tiny is on fewer platforms than nvi, which seems as
> > important as size or accuracy of emulation.
>
> Vim still runs in 16-bit DOS, and I think it even has a functioning OS/2
> build, but it won't run on all of the platforms Debian supports?

Who knows? It's not currently built for as many. For hurd-i386,
hppa and s390, nvi is a working editor and vim-tiny isn't. I
can't remember what counts as support right now (URL anyone?)

That's an incentive for nvi over vim-tiny, but nvi is the
current anyway and I don't see many benefits of a change.
The -devel thread seems to have started with two dubious
claims: that vim-tiny isn't much bigger and more prefer vim.
I've questioned the size claim in another subthread and
surely vim users won't be satisfied by vim-tiny.

Please cc me on replies.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html