On Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:53 AM, Wolfgang Lonien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I did an 'apt-cache stats' today, and it was very nice to see that we
> have 17519 packages total.
>
> 3635 packages are "missing", however. An 'apt-cache unmet | grep -c
> "unmet dep:" brings out 662 packages with unmet dependencies;
> 'apt-cache -i unmet | grep -c "unmet dep:" shows 219 of them as
> "important".

My results (i386) are different from yours, but within the same order of
magnitude.

fwiw, only about half of that 600-odd are strictly dependencies; the other
half are Suggests or Recommends.

> Hmmm. That looks like a lot of work. But where to start? And who does
> that? The QA team?

http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php

Regards,

Adam