Hi Gustavo,

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 11:42:49AM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> Well, if you're running your favourite glib application and it seems
> to be broken with the output like:
> (...)
> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08ced388 ***

> It's probably due to the new glib (GSlice) memory allocator[0], but
> it's an application bug. Please first check if it's really glib
> related[1].

> There's a workaround that is run the application as follows:
> $ G_SLICE=always-malloc application

Thanks for the information.  Can you explain (or provide a pointer to) why
these bugs are application bugs rather than bugs in glib, and does glib need
to be adding << conflicts with those applications in order to avoid broken
partial upgrades?

Cheers,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                   http://www.debian.org/