Hi all,

Does anyone know whether the default sbuild environment includes the
file /etc/shadow?  I am sponsoring a package ("root", cf. #325306) whose
configure script tests the existence of /etc/shadow to decide whether or
not to support shadow passwords.  This is a compile-time setting, so I'd
like to support the largest number of environments by having shadow
support turned on, which I believe is the default in Debian.

I discovered to my dismay that a default pbuilder environment does not
include that file, so I am wondering what will happen on the buildds.

In the meantime I'll see whether my sponsoree can force the packages to
include shadow password support even if /etc/shadow doesn't exist.

Thanks in advance!

--
Kevin B. McCarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Physics Department