[ Gah, resent with a valid d-devel in the Cc: line ]

Buxy writes:
>Hello everybody,
>
>Ubuntu has made some efforts to better support a wide range of laptops and
>this resulted in some changes that are still not completely integrated in
>Debian.
>
>One of the changes is that they install automatically a package called
>"acpi-support" which provides lots of laptop-specific scripts. I asked
>Matthew Garrett to package it for Debian but he's not interested to
>maintain it because in his opinion this package is not a long-term
>solution. He prefers to invest time in pm-utils of freedesktop.org.
>
>Since I want Debian etch to work "out of the box" on most laptops, I
>uploaded acpi-support to Debian. It's right now in NEW, but the sources
>are in collab-maint SVN repository:
>svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/deb-maint/acpi-support/trunk
>
>I would like this package to be added in the "laptop" task of Debian.
>
>Since I'm definitely not an expert on this subject, I would welcome
>co-maintainers for this package and of course testers!

Paul Sladen has worked on the acpi support with Matthew for Ubuntu,
and has just joined our NM queue to help work on exactly this kind of
thing. I've copied him for information...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of