On Wednesday, May 17, 2006 7:59 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 12:53:39AM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
>> ti, 2006-05-16 kello 09:53 +0200, Bas Zoetekouw kirjoitti:
[...]
>>> AFAIK, vilolating policy always waarent a serious bug:
[...]
>> This is not what Steve Langasek tells me (or else I'm seriously
>> misunderstanding). The etch_rc_policy.txt document is what documents
>> what is release critical.
>
> Doesn't that mean the bug is severity serious, but should be tagged
> "etch-ignore"? That's what we did with sarge, if I remember well?

No. The "foo-ignore" tags mean "this issue /is/ RC, but we're ignoring it
for the release of foo". Any bug tagged "etch-ignore" is by definition RC
the moment etch is released.

The exact definition of what qualifies for a severity of serious or above
(i.e. RC) are the purview of the Release team, as noted at
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities. A "severe violation of
Debian policy" is one which violates the current release policy, as laid out
by the Release team.

Cheers,

Adam