Erik Steffl @ 2006-05-24 (Wednesday), 09:28 (-0700)
> Christoph Berg wrote:
> >No, please have a look at http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/drupal.html.
>
>   what exactly I would be looking for? I know that drupal has a formal
>   maintainer. However no work has been done on drupal for a long time
>   and it's already two versions behind upstream (more than a year
>   behind). So it seems like it's de facto orphaned -

The web link above states that the latest maintainer upload was made
2006-04-18. That's roughly a month ago, which isn't really "a long
time" ago. The web page in question also lists several other uploads.

> I was just asking whether anybody knows more (there's not much
> response from maintainer, see bugs for drupal package, specifically
> the ones that ask for new versions -

In #307821 the maintainer answers all factual questions asked, and
invites people to help with the packaging.

Maybe you should start with helping the maintainer instead of trying to
remove him from his position. Regardless of who's the maintainer,
someone needs to do the work.
--
/Martin