* Manoj Srivastava ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [060525 08:15]:
> On 24 May 2006, Andreas Barth stated:
>
> > * Steve Langasek ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [060524 17:54]:
> >> So I guess you can still criticize folks for this if you want to,
> >> but I know that my own ongoing notion of "best practices" comes
> >> from stuff I learned long ago plus new ideas discussed on this
> >> mailing list, not from the devref.
> >
> > Well, wouldn't it be a good idea to make just sync the dev ref with
> > what you consider as best practice? (And, BTW, I make much effort to
> > only update the dev ref with correct information.)
>
>         "Best" practices are subjective.  I am sure people who write
>  dev ref feel those are best practices, I just happen to
>  differ. Substituting my biases for the current authors biases is
>  unlikely to improve matters for the majority of developers.

Well, I try to avoid that there is a bias at all (though of course I
know it is next to impossible to have none at all, it is quite possible
to get the bias very small). For this reason, if anyone detects
something he considers as bias, please tell me. That's the only way it
could be fixed.

Cheers,
Andi
--