#include <hallo.h>
* Martin Wuertele [Sun, Jun 25 2006, 11:05:54AM]:

> > then it is incorrect?" "If Debian does not use RedHat Kickstart then it
> > is broken?"
>
> Do you have some arguements beside the rant? firefox definitely should
> handle .txt.gz and other gzipped plaintext documentation. I'm not

Should: maybe, depends on users and webmasters preferences.
Must: not.
And what has this to do with local use (TOPIC)?

> On my portable I have ~4.6K gzipped files in /usr/share/doc and only 39
> of them are pdfs, 4 are html files.

TOPIC? That is not about all the obligatory docs (which shall be
compressed since rarely used) but contents of -doc packages.

And besides of that, compression does not make sense on most PDFs as
pointed out by yuo/me/many others and the remaining PDFs have good
chances to recompressed internally.

Eduard.