martin f krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> An upload request (as I call them) would be a .changes file sent to
> the buildd, which would check it for validity and then start
> fetching the components to assemble the source package. So the

At home I had my buildd setup so I could just dump an url _for_ a
changes file into a web frontent, it would fetch it, verify the
signature, fetch the files, verify them and then trigger a build.

Should buildds realy have to know how to use several VCS systems to
generate a source package? Unless this is ment as "write code at home,
test compile on buildd" setup I don't see much advantage of this and a
lot of temptation to skip testing the source before build.

A simple upload queue to dupload changes files to and maybe a web
interface to enter urls for changes files should be enough to do a
final "does this build cleanly" test before an upload. The source and
changes file should always be available from local tests the developer
did.

MfG
        Goswin