On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 12:46 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 08:14:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > The 2.3.999.2-10 upload (with signatures removed) is available on
> > ftp-master.debian.org/~ajt/glibc/. Would anyone like to contribute their
> > thoughts, so we can do an "air crash" style failure analysis to work
> > out how we can avoid this class of problem in future, given the safety
> > net that caught us this time is going away?
>
> One possibility would be to have packages which obviously transition
> from experimental to unstable (old version in experimental higher than
> old version in unstable, new version in unstable higher than old version
> in experimental) to be put into NEW for manual processing.

You could use the same criteria to automatically quarantine the upload
and email the maintainer saying "Upload transitions between
distributions. Do $FOO if you really meant it."

$FOO could be "reply to this email" or "upload .command file to take the
upload out of quarantine" etc. There is no ftp-master/-assistant
involvement this way.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Obituary - Insane

Keep this and all chemicals out of the reach of children.