On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:44:46 +0200 (CEST), Andreas Tille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
>> On ke, 2007-03-28 at 14:57 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>> just want to give my vote and concentrate on the rankings I want
>>> to give and not learn about tools to submit my vote.
>>
>>> From memory (my shell history isn't long enough), here's what I
>>> did:
>>
>> 1. Copy ballot to text file (vote.txt).
>> 2. Edit it for my voting preference.
>> 3. Sign with gpg: gpg --clearsign vote.txt
>> 4. Send: mail -s vote < vote.txt.asc [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> I work in a UTF-8 environment, in case that matters.

> Just for the record if someone tries to compile a HOW TO VOTE
> enhancement: The procedure above did not work for me (for reasons I
> do not understand).  But finally I was successful to "gpg --import"
> the key contained in the "call for votes" mail and send the vote
> encrypted.  This even worked with my "broken" mail client pine.  But
> perhaps it was just working because it was my seventh try to vote.

        *Sigh*. Once you encrypt and ascii armor a ballot, there are
 no non-ascii characters in the body. Thus the MUA no longer has a
 need to mangle the body to protect it over potentially non-8-bit
 clean SMTP transport.

        manoj
--
"I would give the Devil benefit of the law for my own safety's sake."
_A_Man_for_All_Seasons_ by Robert Bolt