Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 07:35:48PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98dec/I-D/draft-ietf-drums-mail-followup-to-00.txt
> >
> > Perfectly well defined.
>
> An interesting riposte for those arguing the opposite IETF angle.

Interesting in that that draft expired in 1998, and has never been
recommended by the IETF. Those interested in seeing why not are welcome
to trawl the discussion at the time; it's surely not of interest to
raise them again here.

> I don't see how you could argue one, without the other. :)

RFC2822 (which define the semantics of ‘From’ and ‘Reply-To’) and
RFC2369 (which defines the semantics of ‘List-Post’) are
IETF-recommended standards; the other never achieved that.

--
 \        “I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park |
  `\                          anywhere near the place.” —Steven Wright |