Note: this is my personal POV, this is not endorsed by anyone except me ;-)

On Fri 21 Dec 2012 10:23:09 Mikko Rasa escribió:
> Hi Debian developers,
[snip]
> On to questions:
>
> 1. Is there any possibility of getting the drivers in the initial Wheezy
> release?  If so, what needs to happen on our end?

If I'm not mistaken, this should go to the Release Team [0].

[0] <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam>

> 3. Neither us nor Intel has any Debian developers on our respective
> payrolls.  What's the best approach for maintaining the package?  Should
> someone from Intel become a maintainer, or are there some existing
> developers or maintainers that can take responsibility of the package
> after the initial work is complete?

- One of you becomes the maintainer and gets sponsored by a DD (you need to
find a DD willing to do that, of course), commiting to maintain the package as
any other maintainer does.
- You find a Debian Developer who's interested in maintaining the package.
- You pay a DD to do the job, which includes maintaining the package for as
long as you want to keep it alive.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer