Meyer wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 July 2013 14:45:38 Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > > - Option 3:
> > >
> > > (Note: I'm assuming you are generating API docs directly fromt the
> > > source files. So the input for the doc building is not seperable from
> > > the actual source.)
> > >
> > > For packages 1 and 2 build without docs but also build a
> > > package{1,2}-src package.
> > >
> > > Have another source package{1,2}-doc that Build-Depends:
> > > tools-for-doc-building, package{1,2}-src and sets Build-Using:
> > > package{1,2}-src. This would then generate the API docs from the
> > > source files using the tools and sources from the package{1,2} builds.
> > > On update you would usualy only need to bump the version for this
> > > package.
> >
> > Pino also suggested me this approach. I looked into it and also at how the
> > original build system builds the doc. Saddly, I think the amount of time I
> > will need to put in this is simply insane.
> >
> > I think I'll just drop the documentation.
>
> Would it be so much time to
>
> 1) build-arch / binary-arch build without docs
> 2) Build-Depends-Indep: depend on the binary-arch packages
> 3) build-indep / binary-indep build with docs
>
> On each new release you would then need to
>
> 1) debuild -us -uc -b   package1
> 2) debuild -us -uc -b   package2
> 2) dpkg -i debs
> 3) debuild              package1
> 4) debuild              package2
> 5) upload
>
> That doesn't seem like too much of a problem.

It is, that's what I'm currentyly doing. But in this way the resulting doc
will not have cross-linking between them, which is a needed feature after all.

It woiuld need to B-D on all the previous doc and build the doc twice to do
that. For all 14+ packages.

--
perezmeyer: Gus no tiene inet :-(
PabloOdorico: oh