On 4 February 2014 16:20, Wookey <woo...@wookware.org> wrote:
> +++ Dimitri John Ledkov [2014-02-04 13:30 +0000]:
>
> Do I understand this correctly - that it prevents a package
> cross-binutils-0.1 to generate binaries called

No, you can still generate any binaries with any version numbers.

This is specifically about dpkg-source failing to build .dsc of 3.0
(quilt / native) formats if version number in the top debian/changelog
is ( native / foreign ), respectively.

The combination of "3.0 (native)" + "foreign version number" is what
my patch resolves. An equivalent patch for "3.0 (quilt)" + "native
version number" has not been done yet, but i haven't checked if this
latter case was actually possible before or ever used.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.