Quoting Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo (2014-04-25 00:23:33)
>Quoting Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo (2014-04-24 21:48:47)
>> a) the minified .js is still source code, by definition.
>
>Which definition?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_code
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minified

Thanks for clarifying.

It might be sensible to include the Debian context - here is an attempt
at that:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-javascript-devel/2014-March/007247.html

You might want to read the surrounding thread as well (to avoid us all
repeating too much of it here).

This thread in debian-devel (pointed from the one that you link) is also
relevant from a couple of years ago:

 https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/08/threads.html#00365

Didn't read the full thread, it's late here.  I think that I agree with the
opinion of Marco, Bernd, Ian, Andreas... just to cite a few in the first few
messages.

I don't think that we should go and do the tedious work of repack thousands of
packages because of this, with no real benefit in terms of freedom (or any
other) for our users -- provided that we depend and link to the canonical
versions in the binary packages.

Was there any conclusion to that thread, anyone knows?

Cheers.
--
Manuel