The two documents are incompatible, and the DFSG is very laxist and do
not protects completely freedom. FSDG protects freedoms : it resolves
issues : proprietary software is totally banned, patents are prohibited,
trademarks limited, etc.

GFDL is free, because Invariant Sections are free if used in opinions
(nobody want peoples modify their opinion in a text). The GFDL prohibit
the use of Invariant Sections in technic texts.

The only case where a software respects FSD but not DFSG is good. That
can be a software which prohibit the use of proprietary software in
aggregates.
This is good, totally ethical, and I think a license should do that for
protect uers from proprietary.

The cases where a software respects DFSG but not respects FSD are bad.
For example, a software which prohibit the distribution of modified
versions respects DFSG if it authorize patch files.
But it's unethical.

In some years, the patch will maybe be incompatible with the new version.
The Debian project authorize that (but encourage to do not do that, but
that's not suffiscient).

The Debian project authorize too certain licenses which is too vague for
talk about free (the Artistic License 1.0, for example).

The DFSG is really bad, too laxist and useless.