Hi All,

On 08/06/16 15:10, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2016, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>> Since usability is the main reason many people hate using alioth,

Do people really hate Alioth if they're just using it for git hosting?
You do some ssh and make a repo and then you just pull and push as you
would with anything else.

>> "because it's shiny" is a reasonable selling point for gitlab...

It's also far from a feature-complete replacement for Alioth and has
zero integration into our existing infrastructure.

A shiny web view of repositories is not a reason to run a whole new
service. Just make a shiny theme for cgit.

> But that doesn't mean we as a project have to run and keep maintaining
> all the things that were once shiney.

+1

Thanks,
Iain.