Hi Sean,

Am Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 08:33:35AM -0700 schrieb Sean Whitton:

> I'm sorry to be responding only a month later, but I think there are
> some reasons why binNEW is not the worst place to be doing these extra
> checks: packages with SONAME bumps are typically C or C++ projects and
> these are (i) large, such that d/copyright is more likely to drift
> simply because of the volume of files; and (ii) often contain embedded
> code copies with different copyright and licensing.  My own NEW
> experience is that I've consistently found more problems in binNEW
> packages than anywhere else.

Thanks a lot for your insight into this topic.  I'd like to stress my
point (again) that besides I was naively thinking that the checks done
on packages that are passing new due to binary package changes (which
are not only due to changed SONAME) my main point is that I've found
a discrepancy in statements of ftpmaster teams.  My question whether
we agree to status A or B[1] was not yet answered (or I missed some
explicit answer).

Kind regards

     Andreas.

PS: I'm currently considering writing up some summary of the bunch
    of threads that was born out of my initial mail.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2022/01/msg00226.html

--
http://fam-tille.de